Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pals August 2014 Blog Hop: Too Cool For School


Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools - those Stampin' Up! tools that we just can't live without. We hope you enjoy our projects!


You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Amy Hoptay's Inking of You Blog, #29 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.





I chose to show you an example of how I use my favorite tool: the Big Shot. The leaves are from the Autumn Accents Bigz die and I just love how you can make leaves that look almost real or even funky, depending on the paper & inks you use. The tab was cut using the File Tab Edgelits die. 



I won't bore you with all of the details, as I know you want to get on with the hop, but a few little tips for you: you can color the Pearl Basics with the Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker (or the Silver) and it dries to a very cool, somewhat matte finish. You can see them below on the rust leaf. Also, to create veins and texture on your leaves, you can use a stylus to create grooves and a graphite pencil to help enhance the grooves. Another tip: I lightly colored Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine with an Old Olive Blendabilities marker. I think it worked pretty well to give a hint of color. I also tried it on some light colored ribbon I had and that worked also. 



A few of the products used in this project are from the new holiday catalog. These items will be available on August 28. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any specific questions you may have.


The next stop is  Donna Kopenski's CraftyCardMaker Blog, #31 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and  I hope to see you next month.


Final Line-Up

  1. Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
  2. Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
  3. Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan 
  4. Brian King at Stamp with Brian 
  5. Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
  6. Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper 
  7. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter 
  8. Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
  9. Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly's Creative Corner 
  10. Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
  11. Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon 
  12. Amy Williams at Stamp and Spice
  13. Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
  14. Michelle Gleeson at Stampin' Mojo
  15. Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
  16. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
  17. September Gray at SeptemberGray.com 
  18. Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasy Cards 
  19. Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
  20. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin 
  21. Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin' 
  22. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery's Owlery 
  23. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
  24. Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
  25. Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
  26. Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
  27. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creatons 
  28. Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
  29. Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
  30. Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully 
  31. Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
  32. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping 
  33. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards 
  34. Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com 
  35. Candy Ford at Candy's Blog 
  36. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn 
  37. Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
  38. Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
  39. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty 


22 comments:

  1. Love your leaves! Especially the yellow one on the front--it looks almost real, and I love all the different shades and textures in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I just got the fall stamp set & DSP yesterday - can't wait to play with them after being inspired by what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is GORGEOUS! This is perfectly done so I am definitely pinning this one for future inspiration! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fall colors. My favorite time of year that has color bursts just like your card. The coloring of embellisments tip is great to tie in the card - yeah for blendabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I am so ready for fall and I love your use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I love the name of your blog! I love the colors you choose for your card! I love leaves and fall and want to make more of them but I jump into Christmas next month for my classes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, This is absolutely gorgeous! The texture you managed to get onto those leaves is out of this world. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Fall is my favorite season and although I'm not ready to give up summer, your card gets me in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim this is one fantastic card. Love those leaves, the paper choice, everything. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, this is an elegant autumn card. I love how you made the leaves. Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, this is such a wonderful Fall card. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning use of fall colors and the beautiful use of the new DSP. This card is just yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card...the colors are rich and the design is so fitting...love the way you fashioned the leaves....makes me long for Fall...not likely here in So Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Love all the colors and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What great leaves!! I love the colors! Glad to know about the silver and gold markers coloring the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is simply stunning! Perfect details, from the coloring to the tabbed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Isn't that dsp so gorgeous! It makes me anxious for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, Kim! Those leaves look like they are made of metal -- truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.