Thursday, August 7, 2014

Birthday Wishes & Paper Players #207

I'm playing along with Paper Players this morning. I just love this layout. It is simple, but effective. 






First, I stamped the Dictionary background stamp with Baked Brown Sugar ink, then over-stamped a couple of the images from Work of Art with both Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana inks. The Dictionary background makes a great "filler" when you are needing to add a little background noise to a piece. I am getting a lot of use out of the Work of Art set. It pretty much stays on my table at all times. Then I cut the circles out using the Big Shot with the magnetic (best thing since sliced bread) board and three sizes of the Framelits Circles. Not a pretty picture below, but if you haven't seen the magnetic board in action, it is amazing. I just love how the Framelits stay right where I want them to stay while cutting. 



See the cute button below? Kind of has a watercolor look, doesn't it? I took one of the lightest little buttons from the Neutral Buttons set and colored it with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities. I started with the lightest marker, then added a bit more of the medium color. I love how it turned out. I think the Linen Thread was perfect with it. Remember, since the Blendabilities are alcohol based markers, they will dry on a non-porous surface. I bet your wheels are spinning now with all the possibilities! I know mine are. It's no wonder I don't sleep very well at night. 






Layered it up with coordinating paper and I thought the Chevron folder really added a nice touch. 









NEW!  BUY A BIG SHOT, GET A BUNDLE!  Up to a $60 value.  Read all about it HERE.


Do something nice for a random stranger today, even if it is just to give them a smile they aren't expecting. You never know how much of a difference you might be making in their day. 


Artfully Yours,
Kim

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, it's so crisp and clean. The colors are perfect together and I like how you tied on the button! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous, Kim! I LOVE it! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Kim! I like the layout too, and really love your layered stamping technique. Thanks for playing along with my button challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABulous card, Kim! Love the way you colored the button and the splashes of color on the circles is so fun! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.