Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Trendy Feathered Thank You

If you aren't sure feathers are VERY trendy right now, look around you. You will find them on clothing, home decor, jewelry and yes, paper goods! Pinterest is full of ideas of what to do with feathers and feather imagery. When I saw the Stampin' Up! Four Feathers Bundle set (stamps and matching Framelits), I knew it was a must-have for my ever growing collection of stamps and dies from this company I am proud to represent. 



I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to color the Pearl Basic Jewels and to color the background in of the black and white DSP. I also colored the feather with them after stamping with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  For the frame piece surrounding the feather, I used Whisper White cardstock stamped with the Chevron background stamp using Daffodil Delight Classic Ink and the Dictionary background stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. 



I used one of the Ovals Collection Framelits to cut on the center, then layered it over a piece of Basic Black cardstock. I used Dimensionals to pop the feather and the thank you banner up. The Thank You banner is from the Itty Bitty Banner Bundle, which includes several darling banner stamps and coordinating Framelits. My Big Shot Magnetic Platform really came in handy while making this project. Card base is Hello Honey cardstock. I am finding that I really like combining the Hello Honey paper when I use the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities. The darker shade in the trio of markers is pretty close to that color. I think the black, white & yellow colors are a very striking combination! 







NEW!  BUY A BIG SHOT, GET A BUNDLE!  Up to a $60 value.  Read all about it HERE.


50% off your first two months of My Paper Pumpkin- through September 10, 2014. Use the code HALFOFF2 to join Paper Pumpkin before September 10, 2014 and get 50% off the first two months! After that, keep those creative juices flowing with these cool ready made kits containing stamps, paper, ink and accessories, all pre-cut and ready to go for only $19.95 + tax per month (shipping included). That's right, no searching for hours on-line to try to come up with something to make. Items to make a full project will already be in the box. Click here to to get the fun started.

 

I hope your weekend is filled with fun, family & creativity!

Artfully Yours,

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Hi - love this design! Who makes the black and gold polka dot paper you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...Thanks so much! Since you are asking, I now realize I failed to say what that layer is did not list it in the product list. It is from some of my absolute favorite Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! called Back to Black. I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to color it. The paper is located here: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=13700&dbwsdemoid=2141607

    Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.