Sunday, February 22, 2015

Designer(ish) Butterfly

I was trying to make a card with a collage look yesterday, using a few different floral stamps. The look I wanted to achieve was escaping me. I figured I would leave it alone until today and maybe, just maybe I could figure out what to do to make it work visually. All products are Stampin' Up!



Well, it turned out that that best way to make it work visually, was to cut a butterfly from the piece I had been collage stamping on. I find that I often use my butterfly dies this way.


Look at the depth of the design on the butterfly. It makes me think of high end designer fabric, possibly something that might be used for bedding or pillows. I think the font of the Happy Birthday stamp works perfectly with this card and the look of the butterfly. The Butterfly Basics Bundle is a "must have". 


The center strip of of washi tape is from the Color Me Autumn Designer Washi Tape, that just happens to be on clearance right now. The other strips are the Stacked With Love Designer Washi Tape from the Occasions Catalog. I used a Daffodil Delight Blendabilitie to deepen the color of the Crushed Curry Bakers Twine before threading it through the button. 

Product list:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





Sale-A-Bration is going on now! Earn yourself a FREE Stampin' Up! product gift with every $50 purchase. (before shipping & tax) See all of the Sale-A-Bration details here. 



Check out the Weekly Deals! Save up to 25% on the items below. There are also still some amazing items on the clearance rack. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


As always, thank you for visiting my blog. Let me know if you have any questions about the project or any of the Stampin' Up! supplies I've used.

Artfully Yours,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.