Thursday, June 21, 2018

Summer Themed Stampin' Friends Blog Hop

Welcome to the Summer Themed Blog Hop with Stampin' Friends! This month we will showcase projects with a summery theme, which could mean different things to different people. You will see links for the rest of the hoppers below my post. 

When I think of summer, I think of tropical foliage, flowers and lots of green.  For my project, I have used a couple of new stamp & die bundles from Stampin' Up! called Tropical Chic and Stitched All Around. 


I must admit, I am really "stamp challenged" by two things: using up the lovely Designer Series Paper that I had to have and 3-D projects. Several days ago, I saw a post by a wonderfully talented stamper named Kerstin Kreis. She had made an explosion type card (mini-album?) that I fell in love with. Click HERE to see her project. I was instantly inspired to try to create one of these little card/mini-albums myself. I CASED her inside quite a bit, but changed up the front. 


I used the new Granny Apple Green Woven Ribbon for the tie that closes the project, which measures 5in x 5in. 

The photo below shows how it looks when first opened. 


And with the top and bottom flaps opened:


The back cover:


Card detail:


Doesn't that Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon make you swoon? I know I am going to be using it on all kinds of projects. And what about the black die cut pieces I have used to layer under the sentiments on both projects? Those are from the Stitch All Around Bundle and I know I'm going to get a ton of use out of those. The interesting edges add such a nice touch. 


If you live in the Springfield, MO area and would like to take an in person class to make the mini-album, click HERE for more information. Class size is limited! 

Supply list below. If you are reading this in an email, you will need to click on over to the actual post to see the list. 





Do you have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? If not, I would love to be your source for these amazing products and hopefully give you a good dose of inspiration from time to time. Live in the US and need a catalog? Place an online order with me and let me know you need a catalog. This is not just a hobby for me, it is a passion! Click on the header above to find out more info on how you can earn free stamp sets just by shopping with me. Earn Frequent Buyer Rewards!



As always, let me know if you have any questions about the project or the products used. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Let's get social!

     

10 comments:

  1. I am too far away to attend class. Love this little album - do you have a tutorial I could buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your album. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. Just one question? On the "burst" card, where is there room to write? It's a lovely card but I guess I need some blank space to write. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Granny apple Green with the black. Beautiful projects Kim,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your color combo and projects are gorgeous. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore your colour selection, great projects! I love both of the sets you have used, and they combine together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing colors as always, Kim. Love these projects and the work you have put into them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this new color! Your projects are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.