Friday, January 9, 2015

For My Honey

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. For that reason, I've started thinking about what card (cards) I want to make my husband. I am quite enamored with the new Stampin' Up! Stacked with Love washi tape in the 2015 Occasions catalog AND the new word thinlits. 



I simply cut & scored the Whisper White card base, then applied the washi tape vertically on the sides before layering up the Kraft panel. I thought the "brush stroke" stamp from Work of Art (embossed with with White Stampin' Emboss powder), made a great back drop for the heart and word. The heart was embossed with the Decorative Dots Textured Impressions folder. 



I had a snippet of left over washi tape that I did not want to go to waste, so I made my own "stamp". This is a great way to carry the design of your card over to the envelope. 



See the tiny flecks of embossing powder around the brush stroke image? This was not intentional, but I quite like it. I even used my embossing buddy first to cut down on the possibility of this happening. However, this is what I have figured out: our Kraft card stock appears to be much more porous than our regular card stock. The extra flecks have nothing to do with static on the paper. In other words, when you stamp on it with Versamark, the image doesn't stay quite as wet as when you stamp on our other card stock with the same ink. Get your embossing powder on there quick and keep in mind that since the image isn't quite as wet, some of the powder may blow on off and give you a very "artsy, I meant to do that" look!

Product used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Don't forget that Sale-A-Bration is going on! Earn yourself a FREE Stampin' Up! product gift with every $50 purchase (before shipping & tax). All the Sale-A-Bration details are HERE.

Enjoy your day...if you wind chill is what mine is, stay warm!

Artfully Yours,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.