Thursday, February 15, 2018

Birthday Bash Stampin' Friends Blog Hop

Welcome to the Birthday Bash Stampin' Friends Blog Hop!  This month it is all about birthdays. You will see links for the rest of the hoppers below my projects. 

When going through my stash over the past weekend, I ran across a tiny black frame I had picked up at the dollar store several years ago. Instead of $1, it was $.25! It was because it had some minor flaws. Other than the frame & the tiny piece of cheese cloth under the bird, all products are Stampin' Up!


The "flaws" on the frame, were these tiny impressions from being packed too tightly against other frames. I covered those flaws up with washi tape! Wouldn't this make a cute duo to give someone for their birthday? 


The color layered behind the bird and layered on the card is Peekaboo Peach. It is one of the 2016-2018 In Colors that will be retiring. If you love a peachy color like I do, I would get the ink pad, reinker and any of the ribbon or paper you need right away. There is always a run on the retiring In Colors when it gets a bit closer to June and they sell out quick. 


I love all the layers on this card. The main background paper is a scrap I had from the Wood Textures Designer Series Stack. It gave a great neutral background for the torn Peekaboo Peach piece and the bold black & white flower and die cut. I took a piece of Peekaboo Peach Crinkled Seam Binding and cut the finished sides from a strip of it, then pulled the edges to fray them. I used some of the solid black bakers twine along with it and tied it around the layers. I think the washi tape perfectly finished the card. Full supply list below the list of links for the rest of the hoppers. 

I hope you enjoyed my projects. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin' Friends today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on March 15, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that!



Supply List:




Need/want everything and want free stuff? For every $50 you spend (before tax and shipping from any of the Stampin' Up! catalogs or clearance), choose a FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Plus, new this year: Earn even bigger rewards when you spend $100 (before tax and shipping). Just look for the $50 and $100 reward icons throughout the brochure. Both new catalogs are on my right side bar. Just click on the pictures of the covers. 

Do you have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? If not, I would love to be your source for these amazing products and hopefully give you a good dose of inspiration from time to time. Live in the US and need a catalog? Just let me know. This is not just a hobby for me, it is a passion! Click on the header above to find out more info on how you can earn free stamp sets just by shopping with me. Earn Frequent Buyer Rewards!



As always, let me know if you have any questions about the project or the products used. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Let's get social!

     

9 comments:

  1. Love the Peakaboo Peach added color! Great projects and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used one of my favourite produt suites of the new catty. I really love what you made of it. Gorgeous! The frame and the card fit so perfectly - wonderful.
    Thank you a lot for sharing such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour combo, it really pops! Love your card with the torn washi tape & back twigs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frame and the matching card is Devine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked my favorite suite in the Occasions catty - those colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim I love how you added washi tape to the frame to mask any flaws. Great set to give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love that you have turned a bargain into a gift that is so stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely layering and the color combo is so fresh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.