Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools - those Stampin' Up! tools that we just can't live without. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Amy Hoptay's Inking of You Blog, #29 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I chose to show you an example of how I use my favorite tool: the Big Shot. The leaves are from the Autumn Accents Bigz die and I just love how you can make leaves that look almost real or even funky, depending on the paper & inks you use. The tab was cut using the File Tab Edgelits die.
I won't bore you with all of the details, as I know you want to get on with the hop, but a few little tips for you: you can color the Pearl Basics with the Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker (or the Silver) and it dries to a very cool, somewhat matte finish. You can see them below on the rust leaf. Also, to create veins and texture on your leaves, you can use a stylus to create grooves and a graphite pencil to help enhance the grooves. Another tip: I lightly colored Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine with an Old Olive Blendabilities marker. I think it worked pretty well to give a hint of color. I also tried it on some light colored ribbon I had and that worked also.
A few of the products used in this project are from the new holiday catalog. These items will be available on August 28. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any specific questions you may have.
The next stop is Donna Kopenski's CraftyCardMaker Blog, #31 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly's Creative Corner
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Amy Williams at Stamp and Spice
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin' Mojo
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- September Gray at SeptemberGray.com
- Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasy Cards
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery's Owlery
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creatons
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Candy Ford at Candy's Blog
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty